Do you have your Santa’s wish list ready? If so, stop right there and don’t forget to add this book: House Beautiful The Apartment Book. I was recently invited to review it, and was I “WOWed”…. This book is packed with lots of great design ideas for every decor taste; from the traditional everyday inspired to the contemporary ones.
House Beautiful The Apartment Book did not forgot about anyone in this book. If you are a proud owner of a Louis XVI chair for sure, you’ll find ideas here on how to pair this fabulous accent chair with your surrounding furniture.
Divided by room areas: living room, dining areas, kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, foyers, libraries, and offices; this book is perfect for the apartment owner who seeks to find the best design choices for limited spaces.
Here are some points that I loved:
– Color concepts for each room area with tricks (no magic wand needed!)
– How important is natural light in rooms and how to make the most out of it.
– Great photos with lots of details and ideas on how to mix and match styles.
For the collectors, they have 10 great pointers for showing off your treasures In doubt of how to play with a neutral palette? Don’t despair, here you’ll find tons of ideas for the minimalist taste, but also for the traditional ones.
I would suggest to look for this great pages:
– 10 rules for hanging artwork page 42
– 12 tricks to make your space look larger page 52
– 10 details that make a small kitchen great page 154
– 7 tips for making all-white work page 192
So there you have it. Now remember to ask Santa for House Beautiful The Apartment Book (now available on Barnes and Noble or your bookstore of choice). I’m sure he won’t mind if you’ve been naughty or nice!